In which her absence becomes clear
December 30, 2010
Posted by on
So my life has been turned around, violently shaken and left for dead since I last wrote.
A not good thing happened a few months ago.
Okay, here’s the chizz (or shizz, or whatever it is the cool kids are saying these days)… Tony got laid off.
He is fine, I am fine, the kids are fine. Everything is fine, fine, fine.
Until June. When the insurance runs out. Then I will be feeling un-fine. Until then I choose to smile, nod, and feel…. fine.
Clearly, my life has changed a bit since I last wrote. Let’s go over some of the changes.
- Tony no longer travels four days a week.
- We now have a car payment because his job included a car and we aren’t good sharers.
- We have another cell phone to pay for.
- Tony is home during the day.
- My computer has become “our” computer.
- And by “our” I mean his until I throw a temper tantrum or steal it when he goes pee.
- Cooper started mother’s day out.
- Cooper loves mother’s day out.
- Cooper is still a complete brat.
- Except at mother’s day out.
- Jack is exactly the same.
- Tony is mildly medicated.
- I am more strongly medicated.
- Tony is home all the damn time.
- I have a part-time job.
- We went through our budget and cut out all the stupid things we were doing to waste money.
- We did this without arguing.
- Really. No arguing. Where the hell is my Nobel Peace Prize?
- Tony has lost over twenty pounds simply by eating smaller portions.
- I am now eating his old portion sizes and expect to outgrow all my pants any day now.
- Shut up, I can still zip them if I lie down.
- Tony doesn’t go out of town anymore.
- Seriously. He’s here when I get up, he’s here when I go to bed. He never leaves.
- We got rid of Dish network & AT&T and bundled our TV, inernet, & phone with Cox cable.
- I love Cox.
- I would shout that from a mountaintop, but am afraid people would misunderstand and make inappropriate suggestions to me.
- I have clearly lost my train of thought….