The Best Winter Carnival Ever!
November 6, 2009
Posted by on
I’ve spent the morning thinking up game and decoration ideas for the winter carnival at Jacks’ school. Unfortunately I’ve had more inappropriate ideas than real ones. I’m having a blast! Here are some of my thoughts…
- Party like the Romanovs – Start out serving caviar and giving rides in glittering sleighs. End with a bloody and poorly organized mass murder.
- Baby Jesus vs. Santa Claus wrestling match – The Virgin Mary and Rudolph as tag team partners.
- Siberian Jail Game- Pay to lock your kids in a realistic prison cell in our frozen wasteland themed cafeteria. Then head out for dinner and a movie. I think this would be a real money maker.
- Frostbite! The musical.
- The Donner Party- Lock kids in a walk-in freezer. The sole survivor wins a cheap plastic toy. If the winner eats another kid, he gets two toys.
- Hypothermia – Bobbing for apples with an icy cold twist!
- Wind Chill – Fans and spray bottles filled with ice water.
- Yeti. photo. op.
- Hibernation – Parents come in and nap while their kids run amok through the school. I’m pretty sure this already happens at the carnival, but now we can make some cash off it.
- Candy Cane Lick – It’s really a freezing cold metal pole. That’s entertainment!
- Yellow snow cones – a tasty treat.
- Shovel the Reindeer Poop – Candy hidden in piles of poo.
- Find Santa – Have an adult dress as Santa complete with a bag full of toys and treats. Divide the kids into teams of 8 and send them off to hunt down Santa. The first team to find Santa wins the contents of the bag. Booby traps to slow down opposing teams are encouraged. Santa is allowed to leave the building, but if he does, the children will be given night vision goggles, a shot of espresso, and hunting rifles.
- Egg nog – minus the eggs and nog. Another one that would be popular with the parents.